TRACTOR TIRES - EUROPEAN 15.3" DIAMETER, 9" WIDE RIMS - SAFETY WARNING
F-010-X Date: MAY, 1991 NOTE: This bulletin replaces Firestone Field Engineering bulletin #81. Attached is a self-explanatory RMA safety warning concerning the presence in the North American market of certain European farm implement equipment rims on which North American-made tires cannot be safely mounted. Note that although all these rims are 15.3" in diameter and 9" wide, those manufactured before 1982 are mis-marked as to diameter (i.e., marked 15"). No North American-made rims for farm implement use are 9" wide. WARNING: SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH MAY RESULT FROM A BEAD BREAK CAUSED BY FAILURE TO FOLLOW ALL THESE PRECAUTIONS:
- Never mount a North American-made tire on any farm implement rim which is 9" wide. Always check the width before mounting.
- Never mount a North American-made tire on any rim which is marked 15.3" in diameter.
- For those farm implement rims which are 9" wide or marked 15.3" in diameter, use only the European tire sizes listed on the attached RMA notice.
- Only specially trained persons should mount or demount tires. In no case should the inflation to seat the beads exceed 35 psi.
- To determine in which country the tires are produced, check for molded in stamping in the lower sidewall area of the tire which will read, "Made in (Country)."