THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER
Though opinions vary about the best tire pressure for different situations, the fact is that using the
wrong tire inflation pressure can be a costly mistake. Some estimates say that as much as 40% of
engine power is lost through increased rolling resistance and slip. A loss of power like that can be
Using the right tire pressure for your equipment has a lot of benefits, including:
· Larger footprint
· Reduced tire slip
· Less fuel use
· Longer tire life
· Less soil compaction
· Less tractor wear
· Lower maintenance costs
· Smoother ride
Here are the six steps that will help determine the optimum tire inflation rate for your equipment:
1. Identify the horsepower of the tractor.
2. Calculate the weight needed for proper tractor setup.
3. Calculate the recommended front and rear axle weight split based on the tractor type.
4. Weigh the tractor to determine actual weight.
5. Add or remove weight to the required axle for the optimum tractor setup.
6. Set inflation pressure using the Tire Pressure Calculator.
Why is Proper Inflation Pressure Important?
In this video, Firestone Tire Expert Joe Woodward explains why proper inflation pressure is important to the longevity and performance of your AG tires.
7-STEP TIRE CHECK
When it comes to preventing downtime and preserving the longevity of your tires, performing regular, thorough inspections just makes sense. Our 7-step tire check takes the guesswork out of the whole process. Sign up now and we’ll send you the seven steps on a handy magnet, so they’re always within reach.