1. Information Collection. BATO may collect information from you at several different points and in different ways on this Site. You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself other than the information that you automatically provide us (discussed below).
a. Information you provide to BATO. In order to take advantage of certain services BATO provides through the Site, including but not limited to your completion of tire registration or your participation in BATO promotions, you may be required to create a login account or complete an online registration. When you create a login account or online registration, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including but not limited to your name, address, email address and similar information. This allows us to contact you in connection with the products you have purchased from BATO or the promotion you have entered, as applicable.
The Site may incorporate product review functionality. In order to post a product review on the Site, you may be required to provide certain information, including your name, email address, location, and/or be asked to login to a social media account. Unless you elect to receive promotional materials, the contact information you provide in connection with a review will be used solely for the purpose of validating and communicating with you regarding your review.
When you sign up to receive newsletters, promotional materials and other updates, you will be asked to provide your email address. BATO will use this information to send you the requested materials.
b. Information BATO automatically collects from you. In addition to information that you provide to BATO, BATO automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on the Site. BATO uses data collection devices, such as “cookies,” on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our website flow, website performance, and content structure, as well as to allow you to maintain a login account. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer for record-keeping purposes. These cookies will be placed as a text file in the browser of your computer. BATO may automatically collect other information, including computer type, browser-type and plug-ins, language, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, java script enables, referring and exit pages, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and city and country. Additionally, BATO may automatically collect and log your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). Your IP address is a unique numerical address consisting of four numbers separated by periods which provides the location to an individual computer on the Internet. IP addresses are used to designate the computer from which you are accessing the website.
BATO may also obtain data about you when you interact with the Site, such as when you look at a page, send a message through the Site, search for content on the Site, and click on an ad featured on or linked to the Site. When you post certain content on the website, such as videos, photographs and sound files, BATO may receive metadata that tells us the time, date and/or location in which the file was created.
2. Information Use and Disclosure. BATO uses and shares the information you provide us and the information we automatically collect from you in accordance with this Section.
a. Internal use. BATO’s primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with an efficient, meaningful and customized experience. For example, BATO may use your personal information:
To make this Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once;
To help you quickly find information and services;
To help BATO create content on this Site or otherwise provide you with content that is most relevant to you; and
To provide you with information that you request, and to alert you to updated information and services offered by BATO.
b. BATO may identify you in connection with your use of certain aspects of this Site. For example, BATO may identify you by vehicle or tire ownership to provide you with information on related products and/or promotions. BATO may internally use your personal information (including sharing such information among BATO’s affiliates for internal use only) for purposes including, but not limited to, the improvement of BATO’s marketing and promotional efforts, the improvement of the Site’s content and/or layout, for system administration and troubleshooting purposes, and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
c. Affiliates and service providers. BATO may share your personal information: (a) with its affiliated entities; and (b) with third party service providers that perform services on BATO’s behalf, solely for purposes of providing such services. BATO uses a third-party service provider to improve our online performance and/or to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on the Site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to the Site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may use information about your visits to the Site to trigger real time interaction, customize this Site or enhance your profile. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a cookie and a tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. If you would like more information about this practice, please click: www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/optout.asp. You can opt out of having your anonymous information collected by our third-party service provider IgnitionOne by visiting http://optout.netmng.com/optout.php. If you select the “opt out” button there, our service provider will delete your existing IgnitionOne cookie(s) and try to place a new cookie that instructs our service provider not to track your future activities when it detects that cookie. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit our service provider’s opt-out page, then we cannot set our no-track cookie. Also, if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again.
d. External use BATO does not sell, rent or otherwise share identifiable personal information about you to third parties without your explicit consent. However, under the circumstances described in this paragraph, BATO may release information about you to third parties. Your use of the Site constitutes consent to BATO’s release of information solely as described in this Policy. BATO may provide de-identified data about you to third parties. In addition, BATO may be required to disclose your personal information pursuant to a valid court or government order, or pursuant to certain corporate transactions, such as a merger, acquisition or reorganization.
3. Ownership of your information. Your personal information is, and will remain, owned by you. By using the Site, you grant to BATO a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use your information and data about you solely in accordance with the terms of this Policy (as it now exists and may be amended in accordance with the “Updates” terms below).
4. Data security. This Site incorporates various physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, the servers where BATO stores your personal information are kept in a secure environment protected by a firewall. WHILE BATO HAS TAKEN PRECAUTIONS TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, BATO CANNOT GUARANTEE COMPLETE SECURITY BECAUSE COMPLETE SECURITY DOES NOT PRESENTLY EXIST ON THE INTERNET.
5. Opt out/Corrections. Upon your request, BATO will (a) remove your personally identifiable information from BATO's database (which might cancel your subscription to this Site or a portion of this Site); or (b) correct or update your personally identifiable information; provided, however, that BATO may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort or would be extremely impractical, or otherwise to the extent allowed by applicable law. You can submit a request that BATO remove, correct or update your personal information by visiting the "Contact Us" section of this Site.